Last updated: July 1st, 2018
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at New Testament Christian Mission International (“church”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information do we collect?
We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, contact information, passwords and security data, payment information, and social media login data.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering at the Sites or Apps, expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the Sites or Apps (such as posting messages in our online forums or entering competitions, contests or giveaways) or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Sites or Apps, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
• Name and Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
• Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
• Social Media Login Data. We provide you with the option to register using social media account details, like your Facebook, Twitter or other social media account. If you choose to register in this way, we will collect the Information described in the section called “How do we handle your social logins” below.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our Sites or Apps.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Sites or Apps. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Sites or Apps and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Sites or Apps, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Information collected through our Apps
In Short: We may collect information regarding your geolocation, mobile device, push notifications, when you use our apps.
If you use our Apps, we may also collect the following information:
• GeoLocation Information: We may request access or permission to and track location based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using our mobile application, to provide location based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
• Mobile Device Access: We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device’s bluetooth, calendar, camera, reminders, sms messages, social media accounts, and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
• Mobile Device Data: We may automatically collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version information and IP address.
• Push Notifications: We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or the mobile application. If you wish to optout from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
Information collected from other sources
In Short: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, social media platforms, and other outside sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (such as Facebook), as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social media profile information (your name, gender, birthday, email, current city, state and country, user identification numbers for your contacts, profile picture URL and any other information that you choose to make public); marketing leads and search results and links.
How we may use your personal information
Personal information that we collect may be used by us in a number of ways:
- To tell you about events that the church is running which we think may be of interest to you;
- To provide pastoral care, support, teaching and challenge for you in accordance with the teaching of the Bible;
- To enable to maintain appropriate safeguarding arrangements for our children and young people and vulnerable adults;
- To help you identify where you could serve in the life of the church;
- To help us organise rotas, small groups and to communicate with you;
- Exceptionally, to deal with church discipline in accordance with the church’s constitution.
We will collect and handle your personal information either with your consent or because it is necessary for us to do so for the purposes of our legitimate interests outlined above.
Who we may share information with
We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill the church obligations.
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- To ask the members of the church to pray for you, along with other members;
- To enable them to provide pastoral care and support for you.
How we will store information
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The data that we control may be transferred and stored outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), for example where our software providers store information on servers outside the EEA. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Where there is a transfer outside the EEA we will ensure that organisation to whom information is transferred is one which subscribes to equivalent standards under the Act.
We will take reasonable, necessary steps to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy statement.
We will store your information for no longer than reasonably necessary, usually for the time that you are attending the church or are a member of the church. After this we may continue to hold your contact details for as long as you agree in order to keep you informed about the ministry of the church.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for the purposes of informing you of events and other opportunities. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
You may request that personal information is corrected where it is not correct or that the information is deleted. You may also object to the church processing information about you. Where you have consented to us handling your information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Do we make updates to this policy?
In Short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
How can you contact us about this policy?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at email@example.com